Goals

I’m always finding new goals that I can improve and build on. My biggest goal is to finish my post-secondary schooling and pursue a Bachelor of Education after my Bachelor of Arts and learn new skills on becoming a Secondary School teacher, either teaching Geology, Geography or Fine arts. This can be anywhere in the world, I would love to teach abroad and travel while working and experience new cultures and tradition while teaching young adults.

Core Values

Post-secondary has uncovered many values that keeps helping me. I’m learning to build on these values and skills to help complete my goals for the future. Some of the values I’ve discovered are:

• Honesty- I have learned that honesty does not only help your peers but yourself. To be honest with yourself is a value I’ve been teaching myself and have been improving every day. I want to grow into someone I admire and practicing honesty is a core value I want in my life.
  • View of Adventure- This year has been a turning point in my life where I found in myself I want adventure in my life. I want to travel to learn about other cultures, the way of living, morals, religion and to meet new people. I admire people who work aboard and I want to pursue an adventure in my life for nobody but myself.
  • Loyalty- I wouldn’t say I discovered loyalty in my post-secondary year, but I have practised it in my personal life and have kept working on it.

Challenges

Like everyone else, we are all faced with challenges in our path. My biggest challenge I face is my mental health and the motivation to continue with my work. I suffer from depression and anxiety, I’m on a constant flow of counselling and medication however I don’t want this to stop me from achieving my goals. I want to show students that you can overcome your challenges, yes it’ll take hard work and effort, but it’s important to move forward.