Hi there!

My name is Veronica Barrera Sparkes, I’m a student enrolled in the Bachelor of Arts program, majoring in Geography and Minoring in Visual Arts and looking forward to starting my Bachelor of Education in the new future at the University of the Fraser Valley. I’m a very charismatic, creative, *ONE MORE*. A perfect day for me would either be at the lake painting the scenery or sitting with my fur babies near a fire while reading. The more I attend University the more my drive to achieve my career goals increases. One of my biggest drives is the thought of being able to teach young adults Geography/Visual arts, either somewhere in Canada or travel aboard! I’m here to not only learn hard skills but strengthen my mind. Almost half of my life has dealt with depression and anxiety-I’m still dealing with it-however, I know this is nothing to be ashamed of. Not only do I want to teach young adults but also give an example of someone who struggles every day of their life and can still get out of bed in the morning, pull up those socks and make your goals become a reality. Learning more about myself through University puts stress on my shoulders yet it’s the type that shapes you. Then once you are at the finish line, you understand the stress was training to improve your mind body and soul.  I’m excited to achieve my career goals